Share this


If you are looking for information about the company’s registered office address or any other FAQs, you’ll find it here. At Uniwide Formations, we understand that you may have questions about our products and services. That’s why we have compiled a list of the most Frequently Asked Questions to help you get the information you need.

All UK companies are required by law to have a registered office address, which is the official address for all correspondence from government agencies such as Companies House and HMRC.

This address must be a physical postal address, not just a PO Box number. The company’s address will be placed on public record and must be displayed on all company stationery and websites.

You may choose as a Registered Office Address either:

A Service Address must be provided by directors, shareholders, secretaries, PSCs (Persons with Significant Control) and LLP members. It will be used for these company officers and members to receive statutory mail and legal documents from official UK government agencies, including Companies House and HMRC.

Unlike a registered office address it does not need to be located in the UK, although it will be shown on the public register at Companies House. For this purpose you may either use your home address or purchase our Service Address option.

The Registered Office Address and Service Address services cover the use of our address for official government mail only. If you wish to use our address for general business contact with your company, however, then you should purchase our Business Address Service, whereby we will forward all of your post to you as soon as we receive it.

This service allows the use of our address for receiving your company’s general business correspondence (non-government), for example from banks, suppliers, customers etc.

A company virtual address is an address that can be used for business purposes, but is not a physical location. Virtual addresses can be used to register a company or manage correspondence. It can help give your business a more professional image and make it more convenient for customers and clients to reach you.

Uniwide Formations provides three types of virtual address service in London: Registered Office Address; Service Address for company officers; Company Business Address and Mail Forwarding Service.

The law allows the use of a director’s or member’s home address as the Registered Office Address of the company or partnership as long as it is within the UK.  A private residential address can therefore be used both as the legally registered office address of the company and as an address through which paper correspondence is received.

This means, however, that your home address will be shown on the public register at Companies House and will be freely and openly accessible to any third party.  For this reason using one’s residential address is not an appropriate option for business owners or managers who need greater privacy or confidentiality.

In such cases it is therefore common practice to use a separate address as the company’s registered address.  This may be provided to a business by a third party, e.g. a company formation agency, in order to ensure that the business owners’ and/or managers’ home addresses are not publicly accessible.

Your official government mail will be scanned and e-mailed to you on the day that we receive it.

All general business mail we aim to post to your chosen forwarding address on the day that we receive it.

The annual renewal of your address service – or services – is automatic, relieving you of any concern about it.

Thirty days before the end date a reminder will be e-mailed to you. There is nothing that you need do, however, since the fee for renewal will automatically be debited using the card details that we hold for you.

You may, however, choose to cancel any such renewal for any address service that you use. This may be done at any time through the account that you have on our website. Alternatively, you may get in touch and we will cancel it for you as you instruct us.

An RP07 form (Application to change a company’s disputed registered office address) is filed with Companies House when an address is used as a company’s registered office address without any authority to do so. Once this has been filed, Companies House will remove the unpermitted address as a registered office and put their default Cardiff address in its place. Once filed, only a paper AD01 form can be used to update the registered office address.

In most cases after the RP07 has been filed you can then purchase our address services but we suggest that, beforehand, you contact our customer services team who will advise you accordingly.

Yes, you can change the address of your registered office at any time after setting up a company, but it must always remain in the same region or jurisdiction where the company is registered, i.e. England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.

To change a registered office the company directors need to approve the change. Companies House Form AD01 (for companies) or Form LLAD01 (for LLPs) must then be completed and delivered to Companies House. You can submit your changes free of charge via our Online Customer Portal.

The short answer is NO, you cannot use our address services for VAT registration.

It is not permitted to use our address services, such as Registered Office or Business Address, to register for Value Added Tax. When you register for VAT in the United Kingdom, you must disclose the actual location of your business.

It must be a physical residential or commercial address at which HMRC can access your company’s VAT records to verify their accuracy. Please contact your accountant or HMRC for more information on “when to register” for VAT.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]

Related Posts

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Wish to Register a Company?

Welcome to our UK company formations portal where you can register your company online 24 hours a day.
Scroll to Top